Starting Pay = $33.00/hr.
Position: Transfer Driver – Non Union
Equipment type: Late model Kenworth trucks
Location: Trucks are parked in Hayward, Sunol and San Jose
Experience required: Minimum 2-3 years of experience driving heavy duty commercial trucks with manual transmission.
Double D Transportation is a leading construction materials and equipment transportation company operating mostly throughout the greater San Francisco Bay Area. We have truck driving careers available for experienced, professional drivers to drive our late model trucks and trailers. We transport aggregates, asphalt and dirt to our customer’s construction sites. This position requires weekend participation (some Saturdays, seldom Sundays) and on occasion we have night work. Candidates must be willing and able to work some nights. We are looking for drivers with a high degree of professionalism, a positive attitude and a willingness to do a safe, quality and efficient job. Double D Transportation offers stability and has consistent volumes of work year over year in the construction industry.
Competitive Compensation Package:
- $33.00 per hour to start, pre-trip to post-trip. Base rate of pay can increase over time based on safety, attitude, attendance, performance, professionalism and longevity. We do mid-year and annual reviews to show appreciation and reward drivers for good work habits.
- Overtime after 40 hours.
- Yearly profit sharing consists of cash and 401(k) contributions.
- 10 days paid vacation annually. Vacation days increase with longevity.
- 8 paid holidays.
- 4 days per year sick pay.
- Kaiser Health Insurance – No deductibles or office visit copays. Benefits are paid year-round (100%) by the company, and we include your spouse and children. Participation in a wellness program is required to receive free benefits.
- Medication copay: $10.00 for generic, $20.00 for brand names.
- Dental coverage.
- Vision coverage.
- Life insurance.
- Driver development program.
- Free Wellness Program
- And more.
Double D strives to provide a workplace environment that is safe, professional, enjoyable and friendly. We offer a positive team-oriented environment, a team of the best, giving employees a feeling of satisfaction and pride. In addition to relevant skills, Double D looks for a willingness to learn and a “can-do” professional attitude, where safety absolutely comes first. We look for pride in skill and workmanship. We operate with an open-door policy between drivers and management. Double D Transportation has a great team of professional drivers who are the best in the business. Our equipment is late model and well maintained. We adhere to a strict safety program. We care about our drivers and are looking for drivers that want a long-term career and a place they can call home.
- Valid Class “A” driver’s license.
- Minimum age 25.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience driving heavy duty commercial trucks with manual transmission. Minimum 1-2 years of experience driving transfers.
- Experience with manual transmissions.
- DMV record needs to be reasonably clean.
- We require a “K-4” DMV printout of your record dated within the last 30 days. Please include with application. (Let us know if you are having trouble getting a current “K-4” DMV printout.)
- Must be self-motivated, safety conscious and have a positive can-do attitude.
If you are interested in joining this elite team, please apply today.
Click here to submit an application to join our team!
Note: If you are interested in more than one position, you may check more than one box at the top of the application.